Methodists/breathed into us

Question
Hello,
My question revolves around God breathing life into us, as stated in Genesis 2:7.  My interest is the origin of the life in the breath.  As I read and understand it, as is the nature of breathing, God's breath originated from within him somehow,  and when he breathed into us, the breath carried in it the life we now possess. If I am understanding this correctly, can we say that we all somehow possess life that once existed within God?  I'm not asking for an explanation of how God did this, or how God made our life, but rather I am interested in knowledge about the original location of our life before we got it.
Thank you,
Kirk

Answer
Dear Kirk:

I think that you understand the passage well. God is the source of life, not just for people but for all living beings. God gives us life from God in breathing life into us. We are receiving God's will for life, and that life becomes part of us as we are created in the image of God.

Methodists

The Rev. William E. Olewiler