Methodists/breathed into us

My question revolves around God breathing life into us, as stated in Genesis 2:7.  My interest is the origin of the life in the breath.  As I read and understand it, as is the nature of breathing, God's breath originated from within him somehow,  and when he breathed into us, the breath carried in it the life we now possess. If I am understanding this correctly, can we say that we all somehow possess life that once existed within God?  I'm not asking for an explanation of how God did this, or how God made our life, but rather I am interested in knowledge about the original location of our life before we got it.
Thank you,

Dear Kirk:

I think that you understand the passage well. God is the source of life, not just for people but for all living beings. God gives us life from God in breathing life into us. We are receiving God's will for life, and that life becomes part of us as we are created in the image of God.

The Rev. William E. Olewiler

United Methodist church structure and doctrine. Science and religion. Christian Education and the Sunday School. Religion and race. Women in the church. United Methodist pastor for 22 years. Member, commissions on Religion and Race and Status and Role of Women. Masters in Divinity and Religious Education.

Ordained deacon and elder, United Methodist Church. District and conference leadership.

Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, George Washington University, Washington DC Master of Arts, Political Science, Brown University, Providence RI Master of Arts, Teaching Secondary Social Studies, Teachers College/Columbia University, New York NY Master of Divinity, Wesley Theological Seminary, Washington DC Doctor of Ministry, Wesley Theological Seminary, Washington DC