Mexican Law/bigamy


I am Canadian and still reside in Canada. My husband and I were married in 2000 and had a son in 2002. My husband was deported back to Mexico in 2008. We are still legally married. I have two issues, one is that he has never paid child support and I don't even know how to obtain an order or even have it enforced when he lives in Mexico (the family law clinic where I live couldn't advise). Recently, I found out he has married someone else in Mexico. He and his new wife are fully aware that we are still married and decided to skip the expense and hassle of obtaining a divorce first. He kept this a secret and I only found out because a mutual friend on Facebook posted photos of the wedding. I contacted the Mexican consulate in Toronto and they referred me to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico. The Embassy told me that Mexican law requires me to report this crime in person, and to hire a Mexican lawyer. I can't afford to go to Mexico and cannot afford a lawyer. I am the victim, what are my options? Thank you for any advice you can provide.

Before anything else, thanks for writing me at

If you can't travel to Mexico and you can't hire an Attorney at Mexico, you have only 1 option.

Go to Family Court in your country and ask for help explaining your case.

You need all his information: full name, address, job, income, goods, second marriage certificate, birth certificate of your kid, your marriage certificate, ID, plaintiff, etc.

When you explain your case, Judge send an order to Mexico by Consulate via.

In Mexico, a Family Court take your case and is possible to get annulment of second marriage and child support.

Is not easy, is a long process and you must have patience.

It's difficult, but you can try.

To get a marriage certificate from Mexico, explaining your case, please visit Mexican Consulate.


Any doubt or another question, let me know it please.

Thank you very much for visiting me at

Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


L. A. G. M.


Mexican Attorney Graduated from National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL AUTONOMA DE MEXICO) LL.M (in progress) International Consultant since 1999. Who's Who Historical Society (U. S.) Member (Membership: 5509192). Business Administrator. Graduated from Metropolitan Autonomous University (at Mexico City) -UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA METROPOLITANA- Studies of Political Science at Autonomous University of Mexico City. (UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA DE LA CIUDAD DE MEXICO) Studies of Foreing Affairs at National Autonomous University of Mexico's Faculty of Political & Social Sciences. Attorney in Mexico City, Estado de Mexico, Hidalgo, Morelos, Queretaro, Michoacan, Puebla and other states.


Experience Since 1999.

Who's Who Historical Society (The International Who's Who of Professionals) of United States. Membership: 5509192.

Who's Who Historical Society: The International Who's Who of Professionals 2003-2004.

Mexican Attorney graduated from National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL AUTONOMA DE MEXICO). Business Administrator graduated from Metropolitan Autonomous University (UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA METROPOLITANA) at Mexico City. LL.M. in progresss

Awards and Honors
#1 Overall Ranked Expert at
#1 Overall Ranked Expert at
#1 Overall Ranked Expert at
TOP 3 Overall Ranked Expert at &
#4 Overall Ranked Expert (Alltime) at
Expert Leader (Mexican Law and International Law Categories) at
37 times 'Volunteer Of The Month' at (Over 7500 nominations) and 'Top 30 Expert' ranked since 1999.

Past/Present Clients
Mexico, United States, Canada, South America and European Union. (China, India, Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, etc. coming soon)

©2017 All rights reserved.