Mexican Law/Visa

I am wanting to leave the untied states to get away from legal problems and want to relocate in there a law that preveent ex-felons from getting a work/living visa?

Dear Ralph,

The Mexican authorities generally do not do US background checks before issuing immigrant Visas. However, there are various diffent types of Immigrant Visas and you need to see if you are eligible for one of them based on your particular situation. You should visit the nearest Mexican Consulate and discuss your particulars(i.e. your work experience, financial situation, etc.) and thus get a good idea of your eligibility.

Hope this helps,

Lic. John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward

I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.

Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico