Mexican Law/Rib Fracture

My husband and I stayed at a resort in Cabo San Lucas( Pueblo Bonito)We purchased several tours from the concierge including a Sunset Horse back riding tour. We were transported to a Rancho and my husband was thrown down by the horse. He was diagnosed with a rib fracture and has been out of work since we came back 12/18/2012 and for the next 6 weeks...Do we have a case or in Mexico it will be difficult to pursue this type of case?
Please advice...

Dear Francelis,

Unless there was some kind of very obvious and gross negligence on the part of the resort, it would be difficult to win this kind of case in Mexico. However, if the resort is owned by a US firm you may be able to sue them in the United States and recover.

Lic. John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward

I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.

Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico