Mexican Law/two american children in mexico what do i do?

Question
My husband and I have recently separated because of problems.I have recently stopped drinking because of the life style I lived with him in Mexico. I am living with my mother and father in Massachusetts and am regularly going to church every Sunday morning and Wednesday night. About one month ago, my husband decided to put me on a bus and send me home without my children. Two of them are American citizens and one is a Mexican citizen. He seems to think that I am a unfit mother for them, but being home with my family who truly loves me and supports me I no longer have any desire to drink. I am also willing to show that I am a fit mother for them. I am looking for work although I have heard nothing at this time. My parents have agreed to watch my children while I am at work. Also I never graduated from high school, and will be looking for GED classes on the Internet. My father is a retired high school teacher and will be helping me in my studies. I worry about my children because for the past two weeks I call them  late hours of the evening and they are by themselves with no adult supervision. This is from about five or six o'clock until about ten or eleven at night until my husband comes home from work. My oldest son is twelve years old, the middle child is ten years old {next month she will be eleven}, and my youngest just turned five this month {he is the Mexican}. If you could please give me some advice on what to do to bring my children to Massachusetts,I would greatly appreciate it. I've been told I'll need a lawyer, although I do not at the time have funds to pay for a lawyer. Please help me, Thank you.

Answer
Dear Amnesty,

These cases are very complicated and its impossible to give definitive advice without knowing all the details. Please send me an email: johnleeward@buholegal.com and answer the following questions:

1) What is the nationality of your husband? and if he is American, what kind of Mexican Visa?
2) What kind of visas do the two American children have?
3) How long have the children been living in Mexico?
4) What kind of work does your husband have in Mexico and what is his salary?
5) Where in Mexico are they living?

Lic. John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward