You are here:

Mexican Law/two american children in mexico what do i do?


My husband and I have recently separated because of problems.I have recently stopped drinking because of the life style I lived with him in Mexico. I am living with my mother and father in Massachusetts and am regularly going to church every Sunday morning and Wednesday night. About one month ago, my husband decided to put me on a bus and send me home without my children. Two of them are American citizens and one is a Mexican citizen. He seems to think that I am a unfit mother for them, but being home with my family who truly loves me and supports me I no longer have any desire to drink. I am also willing to show that I am a fit mother for them. I am looking for work although I have heard nothing at this time. My parents have agreed to watch my children while I am at work. Also I never graduated from high school, and will be looking for GED classes on the Internet. My father is a retired high school teacher and will be helping me in my studies. I worry about my children because for the past two weeks I call them  late hours of the evening and they are by themselves with no adult supervision. This is from about five or six o'clock until about ten or eleven at night until my husband comes home from work. My oldest son is twelve years old, the middle child is ten years old {next month she will be eleven}, and my youngest just turned five this month {he is the Mexican}. If you could please give me some advice on what to do to bring my children to Massachusetts,I would greatly appreciate it. I've been told I'll need a lawyer, although I do not at the time have funds to pay for a lawyer. Please help me, Thank you.

Dear Amnesty,

These cases are very complicated and its impossible to give definitive advice without knowing all the details. Please send me an email: and answer the following questions:

1) What is the nationality of your husband? and if he is American, what kind of Mexican Visa?
2) What kind of visas do the two American children have?
3) How long have the children been living in Mexico?
4) What kind of work does your husband have in Mexico and what is his salary?
5) Where in Mexico are they living?


Lic. John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Lee Ward


I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.


Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico

©2017 All rights reserved.