You are here:

Mexican Law/American passport


Hi, I am a mexican citizen 46 years old. My mother was an American citizen, my father was born in the US, but was a Mexican Citizen. both my parents passed away. I want to know if I can apply for an American Passport. I had a US citizen ID but got cancelled when I turned 18.
Thank You.

Dear Laura,

My specialty is Mexican Law, not US law. In any case, you are American. Its just a matter of proving it. You will have to collect all the documentation that you have and go the the US Consulate and see what they say. It might take some time, but Yes, you can get your American passport.

Hope this helps...

Lic. John Lee Ward
Cordoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Lee Ward


I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.


Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]