Mexican Law/American passport

Question
Hi, I am a mexican citizen 46 years old. My mother was an American citizen, my father was born in the US, but was a Mexican Citizen. both my parents passed away. I want to know if I can apply for an American Passport. I had a US citizen ID but got cancelled when I turned 18.
Thank You.

Answer
Dear Laura,

My specialty is Mexican Law, not US law. In any case, you are American. Its just a matter of proving it. You will have to collect all the documentation that you have and go the the US Consulate and see what they say. It might take some time, but Yes, you can get your American passport.

Hope this helps...

Lic. John Lee Ward
Cordoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward