Mexican Law/contract cancellation with Grand mayan vacation privileges purchase

Question
Hello, after spending quite a lot of time in a timeshare presentation at the Grand Mayan today and refusing to purchase, I ended up talking to someone else and being enticed to purchase a "vacation privileges" package for $5,800 that would give me quite a few weeks at a guaranty price range and a one year membership with an exchange company.

After reading all the comments, I would like to cancel. I was told by the sales person that the 5 days cancellation policy does not apply with those packages, only timeshares and that if I cancelled tomorrow I would not be able to get a refund.
Is that true or the 5 days Mexican law cancellation does apply.

Thank you for your quick response
Arie

Answer
Dear Arie,

I am not familiar with any 5 day canellation perioid written into the law.

Nonetheless, I would inform them that you would like to cancel and if they do not wish to refund your money that you will file a complaint with PROFECO, the mexican consumer protection agency. You can file a complaint by mailing all the pertinent information to:

extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx

Hope this helps...

Lic. John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward