Mexican Law/medication

I have a trip planned to visit my parents in Cancun in Jan. '14. I shipped a small amount of medication ahead via fed-ex and it was detained at customs. Will I be arrested when I get off the plane in Cancun?

Hi Jim,

What kind of medication? Assuming it was legally perscribed medicine, I wouldn't worry about it.

Even if it were an illegal controlled substance, I doubt that the authorities would bother with you unless the "small" quantity was sufficient for resale.

Hope this helps.

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward

I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.

Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico