Mexican Law/sex offenders and cdls

Question
What a subject!

HI, my names Samantha. I have a friend that was told he could go to Mexico and drive semi. He had drove many years here in the USA. He didn't renew his cdls. Now he wants to drive again. He has wanted to travel so if in mexico you don't need cdls then problem solved. Also he is a registered sex offender. He has done all that he needed to here. Other then to continue registering yearly. Are there laws that will prohibit him from going to mexico to work?

Answer
Dear Samantha,

If your friend is not working for an American company which is sending freight to Mexico, he will have to start from scratch in Mexico. He would have to get a work visa and take the required driving tests to get the Mexican commercial license.

The fact that he is a sex offender in the States would not likely be an issue in Mexico. However, truck drivers in Mexico do not make much money. Also, if he does not speak spanish, it may be difficult to pass the test.

Hope this helps.

John

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward