Mexican Law/child support


Is there a law in celaya,gto mexico that say u have to pay child support?  I been with my husband for 10 years and a girl he knew before me in mexico is saying he is the father of her child and he on the borth certificated i don'y know how that is the child is 2 years old and i been with him for 10 years in america we have a 1 years old,8 year old, 5 year old and one on the way how can she give her child his last namewhen he been here since with me and she in mexico and now she says she going to get child supoort on him we are in america and this girl is craxy is there child support in mexico? and how could her child have my husband last name if her never seen her and been her with me for 10 years, i think she doing this just cause she needs money wer are married here to in 2007

Dear Debbie,

If the woman con prove that your husband is the father, then yes, she can ask for child support.
But if you can prove that it is impossible that he is the father, then obviously he will not have to pay. The best proof is an ADN test.


Lic. John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Lee Ward


I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.


Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]