You are here:

Mexican Law/child support from mexico


I recently found out where the father of my son is working in mexico and we live in the united states.We havent seen him since my son was about 9 months and never recieved any child support. Can I somehow get child support from him while he is there? How does this work? Any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Dear Shawna,

Legally, you can obtain child support from the Mexican father. If you are living in the US, you would have to iniitiate suit in the US. Obviously one option is to hire a lawyer that has knowledge in this area. But before doing that, I would contact the Mexican Consulate. They may be able to provide some assitance without incurring any costs.

Hope this helps.


Lic. John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Lee Ward


I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.


Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico

©2017 All rights reserved.