Mexican Law/Marriage in Tijuana legal ?

Question
QUESTION: 40 years ago I went to Tijuana with a boyfriend and got married thinking it was not legal.   We live in California.  One month later I never saw him again. I since married, had three kids and now wonder if what I did as a silly kid was a stupid move that could be legal and get in trouble. Am I still married there?

ANSWER: Before anything else, thanks for writing me at AllExperts.com

Well... Yes, you are still married.

In Mexico you need a divorce sentence always.

But, you can travel to Tijuana and file the divorce.

If you can conctact him yet, it's quick. If not, you can file a divorce and takes 6 months.

If you got a second marriage, no problem, you can resign off under US Law.

Any doubt or another question, let me know it please.

Thank you very much for visiting me at AllExperts.com

QUESTION: First Thank You for answering my question. This marriage didn't seem real at the time. It was just a hole in the wall with someone outside barking for us to come inside and get married. We didn't file anything with the city hall and it took all of 5 minutes. It was so long ago can hardly remember the guys name that I married. Is there a website that I can look up the records?  I just think that it was not real. Wow, I am in shock. Thank you for your help.

Answer
Before anything else, thanks for writing me at AllExperts.com

On line is not better idea. I suggest you visit Mexican Consulate and ask for your marriage certificate.

You need information as both names, place, date and parents' names.

They can help you and the research is most reliable.

If they can't or if you want a second research, let me know it and I can help you.

www.sre.gob.mx/eua

Mexican Law

L. A. G. M.