Mexican Law/MX Widow finds out she dosen't have clear ownership of property to sell.

I will try to be brief. We are buying a house and lot from a very nice Mexican lady who lives in BCS. Her husband passed away about 3 and 1/2 years ago and failed to include in the deed documents that when he passed away his wife would get his 50% of the house and property. The deceased husband has two children from a previous marriage. They have not kept in contact with the step mother and they both live in the USA. She wants to sell us the property but now comes the issue of how we get the dead husbands 50% transferred over to his 2nd wife who currently is living at the house.

Can you explain to me what has to happen in order to clear this up so we can get a fideicomiso completed and give her some money for the property.

Thank you

Warren in La Paz, BCS

Before anything else, thanks for writing me at

Well, she needs his will and file a case at Local Family Court. When she gets the sentence, she can to sell.

If she has not his will, no problem, she can file a case too.

Only with a Judge's sentence is possible to get real ownership and then to sell.

Any doubt or another question, let me know it please.

Thank you very much for visiting me at

Mexican Law

L. A. G. M.

Mexican Attorney Graduated from National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL AUTONOMA DE MEXICO) LL.M (in progress) International Consultant since 1999. Who's Who Historical Society (U. S.) Member (Membership: 5509192). Business Administrator. Graduated from Metropolitan Autonomous University (at Mexico City) -UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA METROPOLITANA- Studies of Political Science at Autonomous University of Mexico City. (UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA DE LA CIUDAD DE MEXICO) Studies of Foreing Affairs at National Autonomous University of Mexico's Faculty of Political & Social Sciences. Attorney in Mexico City, Estado de Mexico, Hidalgo, Morelos, Queretaro, Michoacan, Puebla and other states.

Experience Since 1999.

Who's Who Historical Society (The International Who's Who of Professionals) of United States. Membership: 5509192.

Who's Who Historical Society: The International Who's Who of Professionals 2003-2004.

Mexican Attorney graduated from National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL AUTONOMA DE MEXICO). Business Administrator graduated from Metropolitan Autonomous University (UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA METROPOLITANA) at Mexico City. LL.M. in progresss

#1 Overall Ranked Expert at
#1 Overall Ranked Expert at
#1 Overall Ranked Expert at
TOP 3 Overall Ranked Expert at &
#4 Overall Ranked Expert (Alltime) at
Expert Leader (Mexican Law and International Law Categories) at
37 times 'Volunteer Of The Month' at (Over 7500 nominations) and 'Top 30 Expert' ranked since 1999.

Mexico, United States, Canada, South America and European Union. (China, India, Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, etc. coming soon)