Mexican Law/Statute of limitations in construction law

Question
QUESTION: Thank you for answering.  What is the statute of limitations with regards to a developer/construction company being responsible for fixing defective water system in a high rise condominium?  The condo building is 24 stories tall, and the system keeps breaking/leaking as it is producing high water pressures in order to pump water up to the top.  This has been an ongoing and recurring problem since all the owners took possession of their condos, and the administration company has NOT signed off on the acceptance of the system because of these recurring leaks.  Yet the developer/construction company and the installer of the system...keep stalling on getting a longterm fix.  High rise buildings and there water systems are nothing new.  We are worried that some statute of limitations exist that the companies are stalling to, then can't be held responsible. What recourse do all the owners have????    We are located in Sinaloa.

ANSWER: Before anything else, thanks for writing me at AllExperts.com

Depending on specific contract, under Consumer's Law, until 6 to 12 months.

Under Civil Law, 12 months, more or less, depending on specific terms and conditions on contract.

You need review contract for I give you some details.

Any doubt or another question, let me know it please.

Thank you very much for visiting me at AllExperts.com

QUESTION: Can you please refer me to the specific  area or section of the civil law or consumer law that would refer to this subject?
Thank you very much.

If the system hasn't been "legally accepted" by the owners ....does the statute of limitations begin AFTER we accept the system   ?

Thank you.

Sam

Answer
Before anything else, thanks for writing me at AllExperts.com

In the 'Codigo Civil para el Estado de Sinaloa' and 'Ley Federal de Proteccion al Consumidor'.

www.sinaloa.gob.mx and www.profeco.gob.mx

Specific articles depend of specific terms and conditions, but you can find some details on 'contratos' section.

And yes, statute of limitations is AFTER.

Mexican Law

L. A. G. M.