Mexican Law/injury in mexican resort

Question
I was attacked in a SJDCabo resort and taken by ambulance to the hospital. I had concusion, 13 stitches top of my head,eye swelled shut and bleeding and multiple bruises all from being knocked down and kicked. Medical bill was almost $5000.00 US dollars.I returned from hospital to the resort the next day. Feeling better the day after talked to manager and he said there was no witnesses which is not true and they released the suspects cuz they didn't remember what happened. I am at home in the midwest and having trouble with fluid in the ears and ringing,loose teeth and nose is also fractured and possibly eye doctor. I did not file a report with the Cabo police and am guessing the resort did not do anything either. Any possible way to collect my $4500. deductible or should I go for all of it? I am getting no response from resort or their corporate in Salt Lake City,Utah. Can I file against corp in the US? Thank You

Answer
Dear Jay,

It is quite possible that you can sue the resort in the US. You should contact a US attorney to explore the possibility. If there was any negligence on the part of the resort, you could get alot more than $5000. in compensation. You can also get compensation for lingering problems, pain and suffering, future costs, etc.

Lic. John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward