Mexican Law/DIVORCE ADVISE

Question
I live in US, would like to become citizen. I do not have funds for an attorney , however need somehow to get help with papers to get divorce from my wife  there who has agree. I lived in Xilitla .

I am unable to return there so  if possible would like to ask you to please direct me to who and how I can do this. I am trying to become a citizen and without these papers cannot live in this county and work.  Thank you.

Answer
Hi Alberto,

You can get a Poder Notarial from the Consulate authorizing someone to represent you in the divorce. That way your wife and do the divorce paperwork and the person with the Poder can sign for you.

Hope this helps....

John

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward