You are here:



I live in US, would like to become citizen. I do not have funds for an attorney , however need somehow to get help with papers to get divorce from my wife  there who has agree. I lived in Xilitla .

I am unable to return there so  if possible would like to ask you to please direct me to who and how I can do this. I am trying to become a citizen and without these papers cannot live in this county and work.  Thank you.

Hi Alberto,

You can get a Poder Notarial from the Consulate authorizing someone to represent you in the divorce. That way your wife and do the divorce paperwork and the person with the Poder can sign for you.

Hope this helps....



Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Lee Ward


I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.


Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico

©2017 All rights reserved.