Mexican Law/marriage anulment

Question
been married for about a year but me and my wife practically been seperated since august of last year 2012. She actually left with my daughter and i havnt been able to locate her since what can i do to get an anulment here in tijuana bc and what can i do in the case of my daughter she is only 2 yrs old and i would like to know what i can do to gain rights to see her and is it lawfull for her (wife) to take my daughter to another state without my consent. apreciate your help thank you

Answer
Dear Gustavo,

In Mexico, it may be a crime for one parent to "disappear" with a child without the consent of the other parent. The crime is typically called: sustracción de menores.

Anullments are very difficult to obtain. You would have to provide details to a lawyer. A divorce is probably the way to go.

Unless you have been denied parental rights by a judge, you have the right to see your daughter but you must find her first.

Hope this helps...

John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward