You are here:

Mexican Law/marriage anulment


been married for about a year but me and my wife practically been seperated since august of last year 2012. She actually left with my daughter and i havnt been able to locate her since what can i do to get an anulment here in tijuana bc and what can i do in the case of my daughter she is only 2 yrs old and i would like to know what i can do to gain rights to see her and is it lawfull for her (wife) to take my daughter to another state without my consent. apreciate your help thank you

Dear Gustavo,

In Mexico, it may be a crime for one parent to "disappear" with a child without the consent of the other parent. The crime is typically called: sustracción de menores.

Anullments are very difficult to obtain. You would have to provide details to a lawyer. A divorce is probably the way to go.

Unless you have been denied parental rights by a judge, you have the right to see your daughter but you must find her first.

Hope this helps...

John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Lee Ward


I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.


Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]