Mexican Law/mexican visa


I am English and married to a Mexican lady what sort of visa do I need to go and live wither her in Mexico.
kind thanks

Dear Paul,

You can come to Mexico with your new wife on a tourist visa which is good for up to 6 months.
After that, if you wish to say longer, you can apply for one of a number of different visas which were created last year. (The old system of FM2 and FM3 Visas has been replaced with long term visas for Immigrants and for Non-Immigrants).

You should contact the Mexican Consulate. Based on your life situation (age, finances, future plans, your wife´s particular financial situation, etc) the Consulate can help you determine the best visa for your situation.



PD. This article has more information.

Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Lee Ward


I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.


Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico

©2017 All rights reserved.