You are here:

Mexican Law/Birth Certificate


How do I get a birth certificate for someone born in Tuxtla Gutierrez? Or if no such certificate exists, how do I get an official letter stating that no birth certificate was recorded for this particular person?

Dear Rosa,

You need to send someone to the Registro Civil in Tuxtla Guitierrez.
If the birth certificate is there, for a small fee you can get a certified copy.

To get a letter certifying that a record does not exist might be more complicated but certainly possible. You or your representative would need to talk with the people in the Registro Civil and discuss the particulars regarding getting a letter stating that a record does not exist.



Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Lee Ward


I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.


Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico

©2017 All rights reserved.