Mexican Law/Inheritance law in Mexico City, Distrito Federal

Question
My father passed away in Mexico City, where he resided for many years. He is survived by his spouse and four children, two of them from a previous marriage. He left no will. Can you explain how the estate is to be divided based on his residency in the Distrito Federal?
Thank you

Answer
Dear Roger,

The estate is divided according to the law of intestate sucession. You can find this code in the Código Civil del Distrito Federal.

http://www.buholegal.com/documentos/LeyDistritoFederal/Codigo_Civil_Distrito_Fed

If you wish for me to provide you with a translated summary, please send an email to my personal address:

johnleeward@buholegal.com

Regards

Lic. John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward