Mexican Law/Inheritance law in Mexico City, Distrito Federal

My father passed away in Mexico City, where he resided for many years. He is survived by his spouse and four children, two of them from a previous marriage. He left no will. Can you explain how the estate is to be divided based on his residency in the Distrito Federal?
Thank you

Dear Roger,

The estate is divided according to the law of intestate sucession. You can find this code in the Código Civil del Distrito Federal.

If you wish for me to provide you with a translated summary, please send an email to my personal address:

Lic. John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward

I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.

Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico