You are here:

Mexican Law/Legal fees in Mexico for probating a will


Lic. Spencer Richard Mc Mullen wrote at 2014-07-31 23:10:46
You do not need to sear off buying real property in Mexico.  There are other ways to transfer real property in Mexico without the need for probate and fees for such.  You can put a beneficiary clause in the deed where the property passes to parents or children or the spouse (including same sex).  Many states have a provision to change this clause at any time so one must review their beneficiary clause in their property deed from time to time and make changes when necessary to avoid an unnecessary probate.  

Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Lee Ward


I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.


Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico

©2017 All rights reserved.