Mexican Law/Attorney fees

Question
QUESTION: How do I file a claim against attorneys in Mexico City who failed to comply with my needs and took my money?

ANSWER: Dear Ava,

In Mexico, there is no Bar as there is in the States. If you want to file an action against a lawyer, there is no other option but to file a civil suit for breach of contract. If the action of the lawyers reaches the level of gross negligence, you might be able to file a criminal action.

I am currently living in Mexico City so I might be able to help out if you decide to sue them.

John

QUESTION: Ok, so how do I proceed? Because what happen, I hired those attorneys to obtain my Mexican Visa and they never obtained my visa after wiring transferring $2,000 dollars. When I got in contact with them for a refund, they refused.

Answer
Dear Ava,

There is a mexican consumer protection agency called PROFECO.
From the US, you can file a complaint by email. The address is:

extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx

Here is a web page from that agency in english. Your case applies to the section marked by a number 3.

http://www.profeco.gob.mx/Folletos/Queja_ing.pdf

Hope this helps,

John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward