Mexican Law/Liability law

Question
What is the law / requirements for general liability on private property in Sonora Mexico ?

Answer
Dear Robert,

As a general rule, there is no requirement for having liability insurance on property in Mexico and the vast majority of property owners do not have any kind of liability insurance. In fact, in most Mexican states, liability insurance for automobiles is optional. (Though I expect this to change in the next few years.)

If you have any more specific questions regarding liability or negligence in Mexico, feel free to ask.

John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz  

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward