Mexican Law/Liability law

What is the law / requirements for general liability on private property in Sonora Mexico ?

Dear Robert,

As a general rule, there is no requirement for having liability insurance on property in Mexico and the vast majority of property owners do not have any kind of liability insurance. In fact, in most Mexican states, liability insurance for automobiles is optional. (Though I expect this to change in the next few years.)

If you have any more specific questions regarding liability or negligence in Mexico, feel free to ask.

John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz  

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward

I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.

Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico