Mexican Law/childsupport


I have been deported to mexico & my wife in the u.s. with my 2 kids is seeking child support from me. How much is that % if I am living in VeraCruz MX. How do I send her payment for my 2 children?

The law does not aribitarily set a certain percentage for the "pensión alimenticia". If the mother and father can not agree, a Judge will determine the amount to be paid.

I am not an expert in sending money from the US to Mexico, but I know that if one person has an account in Banamex in Mexico and the person in the US has an account with Banamex USA, you can send money between the two accounts without paying any commissions.

Hope this helps.

John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Lee Ward


I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.


Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico

©2017 All rights reserved.