Mexican Law/Amend Mexican birth certificate

What is the process for having a childs birth certificate amended in Alcapoco Guerro?  Is there a legal process to make the change or can we just change the father's name on the birth certificate? Do I have to go to the civil court to get it changed and is an affidivate required for me to change it or just a picture ID and me consenting to have her take my surname?  She is not my biolobical child and I was told I could change it without adopting her.

Yes, you must go to local Family Court and file your case.

Yes, you are right: You can't make a change without a legal process.

If you don't file a case, is not possible a valid change.

Any doubt, let me know it please.

Thank you very much for visiting me at  

Mexican Law

L. A. G. M.

Mexican Attorney Graduated from National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL AUTONOMA DE MEXICO) LL.M (in progress) International Consultant since 1999. Who's Who Historical Society (U. S.) Member (Membership: 5509192). Business Administrator. Graduated from Metropolitan Autonomous University (at Mexico City) -UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA METROPOLITANA- Studies of Political Science at Autonomous University of Mexico City. (UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA DE LA CIUDAD DE MEXICO) Studies of Foreing Affairs at National Autonomous University of Mexico's Faculty of Political & Social Sciences. Attorney in Mexico City, Estado de Mexico, Hidalgo, Morelos, Queretaro, Michoacan, Puebla and other states.

Experience Since 1999.

Who's Who Historical Society (The International Who's Who of Professionals) of United States. Membership: 5509192.

Who's Who Historical Society: The International Who's Who of Professionals 2003-2004.

Mexican Attorney graduated from National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL AUTONOMA DE MEXICO). Business Administrator graduated from Metropolitan Autonomous University (UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA METROPOLITANA) at Mexico City. LL.M. in progresss

#1 Overall Ranked Expert at
#1 Overall Ranked Expert at
#1 Overall Ranked Expert at
TOP 3 Overall Ranked Expert at &
#4 Overall Ranked Expert (Alltime) at
Expert Leader (Mexican Law and International Law Categories) at
37 times 'Volunteer Of The Month' at (Over 7500 nominations) and 'Top 30 Expert' ranked since 1999.

Mexico, United States, Canada, South America and European Union. (China, India, Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, etc. coming soon)