Mexican Law/taxes

Lic. Spencer wrote at 2015-02-07 16:35:49
It depends on the state you are in.  Many states and notaries want the real value on the deed.  This is done almost all the time now so notaries can comply with the anti money laundering laws as they need to have in their file a copy of the method of payment and receipt.  

If you have done work on the property one way to raise your basis at the time of sale is to do a commercial tax improvement appraisal, they will take 80% of the value of improvements and use it to raise your tax basis and lower your tax liability.  Here is an article I wrote on Mexican appraisals http://www.chapalalaw.com/real-estate-appraisals/  

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward