Mexican Law/taxes

Lic. Spencer wrote at 2015-02-07 16:35:49
It depends on the state you are in.  Many states and notaries want the real value on the deed.  This is done almost all the time now so notaries can comply with the anti money laundering laws as they need to have in their file a copy of the method of payment and receipt.  

If you have done work on the property one way to raise your basis at the time of sale is to do a commercial tax improvement appraisal, they will take 80% of the value of improvements and use it to raise your tax basis and lower your tax liability.  Here is an article I wrote on Mexican appraisals  

Mexican Law

John Lee Ward

I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.

Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico