You are here:

Mexican Law/Marriage certificate Q, same as Jim


To get a copy of my marriage certificate, I need to contact the registry office. However I don't speak Spanish. Any suggestions?

Hi Ella,

This isn't really a legal question, but I will give you two suggestions...

1) You might try to call the nearest Mexican Consulate. At times, Mexican Consular officials are surprisingly helpful. They might even make the calls for you.

2) I am not sure where you live in Canada, but generally, Spanish speaking persons are to be found in just about any village or hamlet anywhere in the US or Canada. I am sure that with a little looking, you can find someone to help. You might want to call the Canadian equivalent of Social Services or local schools or universities.

Hope this helps...

Lic. John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Lee Ward


I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.


Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico

©2017 All rights reserved.