Mexican Law/loan of cash for property in Mexico

I have a loan agreement with an individual Mexican, for substaual amount of money in return , he put up a property lot as caladeral, and now he is saying I can have the property he had no way to pay me back. I have the property papers only he is undocumented and can not travel is there anyway to take possession of the property here or is travel to Mexico necessary ? If so I am a USA citizen and can travel he unfortunately can not. Plz help...

He can grant someone a power of attorney to transfer the property to you.  He just needs to have proper ID to be able to identify himself and sign the power of attorney.  You could have him sign at a Mexican consulate or with a private notary and then apostille the POA.

The only possible issue would be that you would also need to appear in Mexico to do the change and there may be restrictions on your ownership if it is ejido land or on the border or coastal areas.  

Also you would have ownership after the property is placed in your name but possession may be another story if someone is living or farming on the land as they could have rights.

Best wishes

Mexican Law

Lic. Spencer Richard Mc Mullen

All general law questions regarding Mexico. Birth / Death / Marriage certificates / Apostilles as well as real estate documents from the State of Jalisco and dual nationality. Licenciado en Derecho (Mexican law degree) Cedula 7928026 / Estatal 114067), Postgraduate Specialty Degree and 8 postgraduate diploma degrees, official Jalisco State Court Translator (Perito Traductor), US Consulate and Guadalajara Municipal Translator

Law degree, specialty degree, postgraduate courses, intern for 3 years in State Civil Court in Chapala, Jalisco, interned 1 year in Jalisco State Supreme Court, extensive ongoing continuing education, past and present litigation in all types of courts (Federal, State, District, Agrarian, Criminal, Administrative, Tax, Business, Family, Civil, Unitarian, Appellate, Municipal), Internship in a Notary Public office

Barra Mexicana de Abogados, ANADE Colegio de Abogados, Mexican Translators Association, Colegio de Abogados de Derecho Fiscal y Administrativo del Estado de Jalisco, Colegio de Abogados de Chapala,

Yuculandia, Informador, Lake Chapala Reporter, Guadalajara Reporter,,, Good Morning America, ABC News Texas, Various online news sources,

Licenciado en Derecho (Law Degree) - Universidad America Latina, Especialidad en Derecho Procesal Civil y Mercantil (Specialty Postgraduate Degree) - Universidad Panamericana, Jalisco State Judicial Council Authorized Court Translator, Municipality of Guadalajara Authorized Translator, Federal Banking and Insurance Commission Arbitrator, Postgraduate diploma course in Condominium Administration, Postgraduate diploma course in Procedural Law, Postgraduate diploma course in Contractual Law, Postgraduate diploma course in Human Rights and Extraordinary Constitutional Writs, Postgraduate diploma course in Administrative Law, Postgraduate diploma course in Notarial Law, Postgraduate diploma course in Corporate Law, Postgraduate diploma course in Municipal Law, Certified Attorney ANADE Colegio de Abogados 2013, 2014, 2015 Mortgage Agent Certification - Mexican Association of Financial Intermediaries, California Real Estate Broker License US Federal Mortgage License Various courses in civil, business and tax law

Certified Attorney ANADE Colegio de Abogados 2013, 2014, 2015

Large corporate clients as well as individuals and estates