You are here:

Mexican Law/Divorce certificate from Mexico


I am a US citizen. I was married in Mexico. After we separated I asked my ex-husband to get divorced. He said he did  it in Mexico but I have never received the divorce certificate. Where  and how in US I can get the divorce certificate?

Maybe in the Mexican Consulate in US they can help you.
In mexico, in the civil registry office, with both names, they can give you a copy of your marriage certificate and if theirs a divorce, the divorce certificate.

Also try to enter:; you can also see if theirs a civil registry records for outside mexico.

I hope this information is useful.


Alan Abadi

Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alan Abadi


Mexican Law Birth & Death Certificates; Record of Marriage & Divorce. Contested, non Contested and Administrative Divorce Joint Ownership of property and not. Alimony Real Estate & Property Rights, Record Office & Notary Public Succession & Will Contracts: Lease, Purchase, Warranty, Services..


B&A Lawyers 1995-2000 Apprentice SASC Lawyers Since 2000 Partner Civil & Family Litigation

Lawyer Universidad Iberoamericana Law Certificate 3420457 Civil Law Studies Universidad Panamericana Certificate 4504639 Civil Litigation Studies Universidad Panamericana Certificate 5013878 Juicio de Amparo Studies Universidad Panamericana Certificate 5044722

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]