Mexican Law/Help


My father died when I was 13, I am know 37. And I have 2 brothers and a sister, my sister being the youngest and she is now 30. My father had a house in China Nuevo Leon MX, which I believe that we became heirs along with my mother once he died. My mother sold the house and now she is wanting us to sign some paper. These papers has all of our names; she says that the house is not ours, but it has all of our names on them. She has already collected the money for the house and non of us signed anything. Does she have the right to sell the house with out counting with us? And do we have to sign those papers that she wants us to?

The first thing you need to do its to have to have a copy of the property title to see which person owns it.

When your father died, the first thing is to see if he has a a will (testamento), to see who has the right to inherit the properyy, if he did not, the civil code says how does, regularly his wife and children.
Finally to know that you are being asked to sign, you also need a copy, but if they requiere your signature, in principle it is because some rights must be on the property, but must be confirmed with the information necessary and sufficient.

I hope this information is useful and i be glad to help again.


Alan Abadi

Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alan Abadi


Mexican Law Birth & Death Certificates; Record of Marriage & Divorce. Contested, non Contested and Administrative Divorce Joint Ownership of property and not. Alimony Real Estate & Property Rights, Record Office & Notary Public Succession & Will Contracts: Lease, Purchase, Warranty, Services..


B&A Lawyers 1995-2000 Apprentice SASC Lawyers Since 2000 Partner Civil & Family Litigation

Lawyer Universidad Iberoamericana Law Certificate 3420457 Civil Law Studies Universidad Panamericana Certificate 4504639 Civil Litigation Studies Universidad Panamericana Certificate 5013878 Juicio de Amparo Studies Universidad Panamericana Certificate 5044722

©2017 All rights reserved.