You are here:

Mexican Law/Legitimation in Veracruz


I'm an attorney, trying to find authority for the principle that when the father signs the birth certificate, the child is legitimated.  Child was born in Veracruz in 2000, registered in 2003.

Sorry to bother you - I just can't find any authority for this. Appreciate any help you can give.

Dear Barbara,

You will find your authority in the "Código Civil del Estado de Veracruz".

If you wish, for a fee of US $300, I can prepare a legal brief for presentation before a family court in the U.S.

My email is:


Lic. John Lee Ward
Córdoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Lee Ward


I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.


Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico

©2017 All rights reserved.