Mexican Law/Divorce


Hi my husband and I have been separated for 6 years he is now living in Cordoba Veracruz I am in Washington state USA and I am curious as to what is the quickest w at to divorce him? I seen a website are they a legitimate company.?

Hi Nichole,

I also live in Córodba. If you have no children and you both are agreeable to the divorce and the division of property, you can get an "administrative" divorce which is a simple procedure at the Registro Civil. If there are children and/or disagreemnt over how to divide property, you would have to sue for divorce before a judge in a Juzgado de Primera Instancia.

I have no knowledge of divorcefast.

Hope this helps

John Lee Ward
Cordoba, Veracruz

Mexican Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Lee Ward


I can respond to any question related to Mexican Law and common business practices in Mexico. I can also compare and contrast between the American and Mexican legal systems.


Licenciatura en Derecho from the Universidad del Golfo en Cordoba, Veracruz. (Cedula Profesional No. 5713238) Maestria en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon en Veracruz, Veracruz. (Cedula Professional No. 6358321) Currently a Candidate for a Doctorado en Derecho from the Universidad de Cristobal Colon. 5 years of litigation experience in Mexico.

Bachelors in Electronic Engineering, California Polytechnic State Univ. Juris Doctor, Concord University in Los Angeles Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad del Golfo, Mexico Maestria en Derecho, Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico Doctorado en Derecho (In Progress), Universidad de Cristobal Colon, Mexico

©2017 All rights reserved.