Mexico/Rosarito schools

Gina wrote at 2009-09-08 13:52:47
Hi Just wondering what you found out about schools there.  We moved to Rosarito and looking at a Condo in San Antonio as well...what can you tell me? I have a teen age daughter and a 7 year old son.

choco wrote at 2011-06-22 00:49:56
Hi Molly... do you know of any spanish language schools in Rosarito Beach?  I am here for 3 weeks and it would be good to do some informal lessons or a 1 week course?

sita wrote at 2013-02-27 19:45:00
Hello, you can go to Instituto de las Americas Bilingüe, they have a really good academic English-Spanish program, you can check out their website:  

Julie wrote at 2014-04-01 05:01:37
Hi, My name is Julie and I raised two girls in Rosarito Beach and Ensenada. The very best thing I ever did was send the girls to Baja Language College. I paid extra to have them stay with a family who had girls the same ages as mine. They were 13 and 15 at the time. They did 5 weeks at the Baja Language College and then they spoke enough to start school. My girls are now 22 and 25. Both girls have been chosen for jobs in the states over applicants with more experience because they are bi-lingual. As for the "supposed violence"... If you stay out of the drug scene, it is nothing we ever saw or experienced. I was a single mom too. We lived in a non-gated community. When we went back to the states, both girls advanced 2 years and graduated with their original classes.  

Molly McHugh

All things Baja. Baja Bus Travel, Driving the Baja California Peninsula, Taking a Ferry, Enrolling Children in School, Public & Private Bilingual Schools, Fishing, Medical Insurance, Emergency Evacuation Insurance, Real Estate basics, Climate & Weather, Eco-trip outfitters, Kids Summer Programs (all ages, families & teens), Environmental Issues.

Traveled a few short trips to Rosarito Beach area (driving, bus & taxi!) in my 20's. When I was eight months pregnant, went on a Green Tortoise Baja Beach Daze bus & camping trip (Playa Escondida near Loreto).

In 2005 I moved to Baja Sur with my 8 year old son (after a few trips to La Paz in 2004). Loved the area and the people, got to see more of the Peninsula and had time out on the water - heaven.

My son has attended both private and public schools in Mexico, including summer programs on the mainland. We have also homeschooled at times.

I wrote a relocation guide for those wanting to travel or move to the Peninsula - Viva La Baja! Relocation Guide to the Baja California Peninsula. It can be purchased online at and is delivered to your inbox within 24 hours.

Blogging community, Writer's Row, Travel, Travel Junkie Anonymous (kidding)

Publications - "Traveling to Mexico with Children".

Transitions Abroad - "From Mexico to Guatemala, a Safe & Worthwhile journey" and "Sending a Child to School in Mexico".

Travel - "Costa Rica, A Crime-ridden Adventure Lover's Paradise?" and "Travel Abroad - Honey, Should We Take the Kids?"

I publish a blog on Baja: Viva La Baja! Blog.

I have written a 27 page Viva La Baja! Travel Guide that is available to you for free. Email: if you would like a copy.

B.A. Communications (Mass Media Studies) University of Washington, Seattle, WA. 1997