Mexico/truck permit


hi there i have 2 QS. its my first time taking a truck to mexico but i have it finance thru the bank what do i need??? and the truck is under my dads name what do i need to do for me to take it. we are goin on vacation. thanks


It depends on how deeply you are going into Mexico.  The response to your question is in my book and actually requires 10 pages.  

However you don't have to buy my book (as wonderful as it is) because you can find the very best information on bringing vehicles into Mexico on Rolly Brook's web site. Start at and work from there.

Enjoy your trip to Mexico!



All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Julia C Taylor


I can answer questions about cultural differences between the U.S. and Mexico, teaching EFL, taxis, buses, cost of living, foods, water, paying bills, being pregnant and delivering your baby in Mexico, finding doctors, health care, and travel in central Mexico especially Morelos. I can't answer questions about purchasing real estate in Mexico. (Please DON'T MARK the question as "private" unless your question is truly private. It is helpful for others to see your questions and the answers to them.)


I have lived and worked in Mexico since 2001. My baby was born in Mexico. My in-laws are Mexican. I have created a web site I have written and published an ebook called Mexico: The Trick is Living Here

Mexico: The Trick is Living Here
regular contributor to Mexico Connect

I have 2 bachelor's degrees from a state university in Washington State.

©2017 All rights reserved.