Mexico/SMA to Oaxaca by bus

Please tell me if going to Queretero from SMA and then changing buses is a better option than going to Mexico City  in order to get to Oaxaca. Thank you very much.

I would be inclined to take the bus to the TAPO station in Mexico City, and then switching to a bus from there to Oaxaca.  There's another station in Mexico City, but I always use TAPO because of it's proximity to the airport.  So check with the other station (I think called Norte), to see if it's easier going into that bus station from SMA than to TAPO, and frequency of buses from Norte to Oaxaca.  If you need any touring information for the central valleys of Oaxaca, you can email me  The ADO Platino bus is wonderful, but next down is fine as well. Alvin

Alvin Starkman

Can: The State of Oaxaca, and in particular the city and its central valleys including questions regarding sites and touring, current social and political climate, transportation, and all other matters relating to tourism in and around the city of Oaxaca and its central valleys with an emphasis on mescal, pulque and fermented pre-Hispanic beverages. Can't: Everything else.

First visited Oaxaca in 1969. Began vacationing exclusively in Oaxaca in 1991. Permanent resident of Oaxaca since 2004. Written over 280 articles about Oaxaca. Master Mezcalier certification by the federal government. Author of Mezcal in the World Spirits Market: Unrivalled Complexity, Innumerable Nuances Co-author of the first bilingual full color mescal tasting wheel. Owner of Mezcal Educational Excursions of Oaxaca. Fixer for several international documentary film companies as well as for photographers.

Law Society of Upper Canada

Interweave Transitions Abroad The Eye Korean Air Ensamble Vacations Crime & Justice International The Upper Canadian Antiques Showcase Oaxaca Times The Etobicoke Guardian York University archives (M.A. thesis)

Specialized Honors B.A. (social anthropology) 1974 M.A. (social anthropology) 1978 LL.B. (law degree) 1984 Master Mezcalier and various other courses on educating given by the federal government.

Tory Research and Writing Award

Please inquire for references.