You are here:

Mexico/Moving to Mexico, Tehuacan Puebla


Anonymous age 70 wrote at 2013-02-22 18:59:39
The rules on CURP have changed. Now, a foreigner cannot go to the municipal CURP office, but must go to the immigration office. In Tehuacan, it is at the corner of Independence Oriente (main drag running through Tehuacan west to east) and corner of Calle 9 Norte, east of the Zocalo a short distance.

I suspect this is because the Municipio offices cannot handle CURP. I tried, and the woman there told me I had to get my birth certificate registered in Mexico, which I do not think a foreigner can do, but that is what foreign born kids of Mexicans have to do.  She simply did not know how to do a foreigner at all.  I still haven't got my CURP, but will try again next week when my wife goes to the stated office to renew her Mexican passport.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


C. Reyes-Hull


I have lived in both the US and México. I am familiar with both cultures and languages. I now reside in Philadelphia, PA, but I lived over 4 years in the mountain town of Coatepec, Veracruz. I have traveled extensibly (with and without kids) throughout Mexico and can answer to general questions on culture, travel, people, etc.


Mexican National with experience as a guide for professional architects from the US and Worldwide. Extensive travel through Mexico with and without kids.

Masters degree in Architecture Certified translator/ interpreter English/Spanish Art Teacher Personal Chef Entrepreneur

©2017 All rights reserved.