Mexico/Buses to Zihuatanejo

We are going to be booking hotel rooms in Zihuatanejo.  We will be arriving from Melaque.  We do know how offten the bus leaves Melaque and arrives in Zihuatenejo. Does the bus leave Melaque evey day? This information would be very helpful in order to book the hotel rooms for the proper dates.
Thanks you so much for your time.

Hi Heather,
I am pretty sure that the buses run that route on a daily basis, but to be sure I would suggest you check the website for the bus line that you intend to use.  Have you decided on your hotel yet?  I can give you contact info for some excellent options if you wish.

Linda Leonard

My husband and I have travelled extensively within mainland Mexico for over 15 years. We prefer quiet, locally owned accomodations over resorts. Once we retired, we spent 6 years RVing in Mexico during the winters, travelling along the coastlines and inland. We love the people, the climate and the culture, and we are still working hard at our Spanish. We now live in Zihuatanejo during the winters, and in Canada during the summers.

Due to our extensive travel and our many wonderful experiences, I have published a book so that others may share what we have experienced. You can learn about my book at

I was a teacher in Winnipeg for many years. I hold several degrees in music and in education, and was fortunate to have a wonderful career not only as a teacher, but also as a classical musician. I marvel at how very different my life is now.