Mexico/Medicines in Manzanillo

Question
Hi Dale: We are coming to ZLO for a few months and will need a few medications. Our insurance won't pay to cover the whole trip. Can you tell me if medications are easily available (and inexpensive)there? Does one need a prescription for common things like thyroid, statins, progesterone, SSRIs? Thanks.

Answer
Medicines are available at many pharmacy such as Wal-Mart.  Farmacia Guadalajara and others.
Many of the latest drugs may not be available.  You may be able to check on line at the Farmacia Guadalajara website.  Drugs are not real cheap here  We used to buy antibiotics without a prescription but that changed 2 years ago.

I hope this helps.  Your doctor may have the names of drugs you can substitute for your prescribed drugs.  My doctor was able to do this for me.  

Dale  

Mexico

Dale Gress