Mexico/Medicines in Manzanillo

Hi Dale: We are coming to ZLO for a few months and will need a few medications. Our insurance won't pay to cover the whole trip. Can you tell me if medications are easily available (and inexpensive)there? Does one need a prescription for common things like thyroid, statins, progesterone, SSRIs? Thanks.

Medicines are available at many pharmacy such as Wal-Mart.  Farmacia Guadalajara and others.
Many of the latest drugs may not be available.  You may be able to check on line at the Farmacia Guadalajara website.  Drugs are not real cheap here  We used to buy antibiotics without a prescription but that changed 2 years ago.

I hope this helps.  Your doctor may have the names of drugs you can substitute for your prescribed drugs.  My doctor was able to do this for me.  

Dale Gress

I am familiar with Puerto Vallarta-activities-art-locations of cyber cafes -churches- tile & glass factories. I have travelled by bus to Guadalara on several occassions and enjoy the market at Tonalah. I have also visited Lake Chapala (it snowed when I was there in Dec. 1997-left for the beach and the sun). This year I will travel to Morelia. I have also been to Puerto Escondido and Mexico City. I am familiar with purchasing property in the restricted zone and the use of bank trusts and Notarios. I love Mexico and it`s people. We recently sold our condo in Vallarta and we are in the process of purchasing one in Manzanillo, Colima. We have visited Mata Ortiz, Zacatecas, Guanajuato Morelia

I have been to Puerto Vallarta over 20 times and recently purchased a condo near the port. In January 2000, I drove my 1984 Volkswagen Van from Yakima Wa. to PVR. I have been studying Spanish for 3 years and I am getting better all the time. We have sold the condo in Vallarta and are moving to Manzanillo, Colima.