Mexico/Travel to Cabo San Lucas and San Jose de Cabo

Question
I would like information on the advisability of traveling all the way down to the south tip of Baja by motorhome.  Have you ever done this or know of anyone who has? I am particularly concerned about the road—is it wide enough for a standard-width motorhome, and is the road mountainous and curvy? We would like to go around Christmastime.  Thanks for any information or references you can provide.

Katie McNally

Answer
Once upon a time it was perfectly safe to make that journey.  Now thanks to the border drug wars, it is not recommended.  As a travel agent I wouldn't recommend that you drive across the border, and if you decide that you still want to, it is advisable that you only drive during the day.

If you would like more information about the drive, etc you will need to check with other experts as I specialize in flying people to tourist areas for vacations.

Hope that helps!

Pam

Mexico

Pam Smith