Mexico/advice

Question
Hello and good day. Which city is friendlier and more open, more secure, and better socialization opportunities...Guadalajara, Saltillo or Veracruz? Thanks.

Answer
This is a very difficult question, because everyone's perceptions are different.  Guadalajara is a huge city...just like any other huge city.  Saltillo is much smaller and quite industrial, and is located inland, as is Guadalajara.  Vercruz is also small, but is located on the gulf of Mexico, and its prime business is therefore, fishing.  Very different flavors to all 3 locations.  
I believe that socialization opportunities and friendliness depend on the individual who is seeking them.  I can't believe an entire city could possibly be "unfriendly".  Do you speak Spanish?  That would certainly be an asset as you try to meet new people.  

Mexico

Linda Leonard