Hello and good day. Which city is friendlier and more open, more secure, and better socialization opportunities...Guadalajara, Saltillo or Veracruz? Thanks.

This is a very difficult question, because everyone's perceptions are different.  Guadalajara is a huge city...just like any other huge city.  Saltillo is much smaller and quite industrial, and is located inland, as is Guadalajara.  Vercruz is also small, but is located on the gulf of Mexico, and its prime business is therefore, fishing.  Very different flavors to all 3 locations.  
I believe that socialization opportunities and friendliness depend on the individual who is seeking them.  I can't believe an entire city could possibly be "unfriendly".  Do you speak Spanish?  That would certainly be an asset as you try to meet new people.  

Linda Leonard

My husband and I have travelled extensively within mainland Mexico for over 15 years. We prefer quiet, locally owned accomodations over resorts. Once we retired, we spent 6 years RVing in Mexico during the winters, travelling along the coastlines and inland. We love the people, the climate and the culture, and we are still working hard at our Spanish. We now live in Zihuatanejo during the winters, and in Canada during the summers.

Due to our extensive travel and our many wonderful experiences, I have published a book so that others may share what we have experienced. You can learn about my book at

I was a teacher in Winnipeg for many years. I hold several degrees in music and in education, and was fortunate to have a wonderful career not only as a teacher, but also as a classical musician. I marvel at how very different my life is now.