Mexico/advice

Question
Hello and how are you? Can you please give me some advice on which of these three cities are better for friendliness and openess of the people, security and better opportunities for socialization? Guadalajara, Saltillo or Veracruz...? by the way, I am from the Caribbean...Thanks. Paul.

Answer
Of the three, I think you'd be happiest in Guadalajara. But since you say you're from the Caribbean, I'm guessing that you'll be coming through Veracruz anyway.  Keep going, and take a look at Puebla, which is a lovely, relaxed city full of great food, fine candies and Talavara. Then pass the volcanoes and Mexico City, which is a wonderful place but like all major cities is a bit rushed, and stop in Morelia before you get to Guadalajara. The palace of the first viceroy, Mendoza, is a fine hotel there and Morelia is a lovely city that you might like better than Guadalajara.

Mexico

W. Jones-Jordan, MD