Mexico/follow up

Hello C.Reyes, this is Paul Bailey from Jamaica, the guy who asked you about moving to Saltillo, Guadalajara or Veracruz..Thanks fro your first answer, could not get to follow up..but now I will. You were saying, some cenral cities and certain town -san cristobal in chiapas would be concern was living in those three  cities...Saltillo, Guadalajara or Veracruz, but you stated that they would not be a good idea for safety and socialization/friendly reasons...What about the cities of Tuxtla Gutiérrez..Chiapas, or Hermosillo, Senora? would they be good choices? friendlier people. nicer safer towns? What would be your response? I will include a copy of your last answer. Thanks. Paul.

To go to live or to go visit?
Veracruz is very Caribbean culturally.
The three are very unsafe right now.
Saltillo is very unfriendly socially.
Guadalajara is very big, very urban, very cultural.
I am not sure if you mean to live or visit. All three are interesting and worth visiting.
To live, I would definitively look for smaller cities like Leon, Aguas Calientes, Cuernavaca, San Miguel, San Cristobal. They are friendlier and safer.

Hermosillo is not very interesting and closed socially. Tuxtla Gutierrez is ugly, unsafe and just a border kind of city. Not a very interesting, pretty or clean city.
I am unsure what you might be looking for in a place to live, but I will again restate the cities I mentioned before: Leon, Aguas Calientes, Cuernavaca, San Miguel, San Cristobal. You might also like to look into the mountain areas in Veracruz: Xalapa and Coatepec.
My recommendation is that you take an extended vacation to Mexico and scout a few places before making a permanent move.

C. Reyes-Hull

I have lived in both the US and México. I am familiar with both cultures and languages. I now reside in Philadelphia, PA, but I lived over 4 years in the mountain town of Coatepec, Veracruz. I have traveled extensibly (with and without kids) throughout Mexico and can answer to general questions on culture, travel, people, etc.

Mexican National with experience as a guide for professional architects from the US and Worldwide. Extensive travel through Mexico with and without kids.

Masters degree in Architecture Certified translator/ interpreter English/Spanish Art Teacher Personal Chef Entrepreneur