Mexico/copper canyon via train

Question
My husband is turning 70 in august and loves train travel.  What do you think about a luxury train trip thru copper canyon?  We can do a little hiking/walking but like comfortable accommodations.  Some of my research about the safety of the area has me concerned about a trip to copper canyon, even by train.  advice please.

Answer
Copper Canyon is the last location on our "to visit" list, so I can't give you any 1st hand information at this time.  Maybe next year we will do that trip.  I would advise you to really do your homework on the net.  Check out the accommodations.  It is my understanding that they can be quite rustic.  As well, I haven't heard anything about the train ride being "luxury".  It is my understanding that it is also fairly simple.   However, that is just what I have read and heard from folks who have been there.  I encourage you to do your own research, as will I when we are ready to make that journey, to make sure it is what you want and what you will be comfortable with.  Best wishes on your plans.  Sorry I couldn't give you the benefit of 1st hand experience.

Mexico

Linda Leonard