Mexico/searching for info

Question
I have just found an article in a ensenada bc mexico paper abot my son kevin wayne mayer apparently he got busted with drugs do u know if there is a way I can find out what prison he's in I have been searching for him for many years the innocent happen on november 23, 2011 he's an american if u can help me I would appciate it. Thank you cheryl mayer

11

Answer
Dear Cheryl:

Thanks for writing and I am sorry to hear about your son being in jail. Closest consulate to Ensenada is in Tijuana.

The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit of U.S. Consulate General Tijuana provides a wide range of services to U.S. citizens visiting or residing in the Baja California region of Mexico.  The ACS Unit issues passports, registers U.S. citizens born in Mexico, performs notarials, and provides assistance to U.S. citizens arrested in Mexico and to the families of Americans who pass away in our consular district, which includes the Mexican States of Baja California and Baja California Sur.  

Address:
American Citizen Services
Paseo de las Culturas s/n
Mesa de Otay
Delegación Centenario C.P. 22425
Tijuana, Baja California

Telephone:
(664) 977-2000
(Dialing from the U.S. 011-52 + phone number)

E-mail:
ACSTijuana@state.gov

Best of luck!

Mario Gonzalez-Roman
President
Culture of Safe Travel, Crime and Loss Prevention
www.securitycornermexico.com

Mexico

Mario González-Román