Mexico/Traveling by bus

Hi. We are currently in the La Penita de Jaltema area and want to travel to Phoenix by bus just to do something different and also to see some of the country. Is there a route you can recommend and do you know anyone who has done this before? Would you do this? Thanks

Although the area is beautiful, I would strongly recommend against doing the bus trip. I do not know anyone, personally, that has done the trip recently, but it has been a few years now that bus routes are highly insecure. The route will also take you through some territories that are still dominated by cartels, so I would leave that trip for a later date.
C Hull

C. Reyes-Hull

I have lived in both the US and México. I am familiar with both cultures and languages. I now reside in Philadelphia, PA, but I lived over 4 years in the mountain town of Coatepec, Veracruz. I have traveled extensibly (with and without kids) throughout Mexico and can answer to general questions on culture, travel, people, etc.

Mexican National with experience as a guide for professional architects from the US and Worldwide. Extensive travel through Mexico with and without kids.

Masters degree in Architecture Certified translator/ interpreter English/Spanish Art Teacher Personal Chef Entrepreneur