Mexico/Traveling by bus

Question
Hi. We are currently in the La Penita de Jaltema area and want to travel to Phoenix by bus just to do something different and also to see some of the country. Is there a route you can recommend and do you know anyone who has done this before? Would you do this? Thanks

Answer
Although the area is beautiful, I would strongly recommend against doing the bus trip. I do not know anyone, personally, that has done the trip recently, but it has been a few years now that bus routes are highly insecure. The route will also take you through some territories that are still dominated by cartels, so I would leave that trip for a later date.
Sorry,
C Hull

Mexico

C. Reyes-Hull