Mexico/Health Permits

Question
Hello I work for a writer in Los Angeles and we're trying to get information on Health permits in Tijuana, Baja California. What I'm trying to find out is if an American wanted to open a food truck / restaurant in Tijuana what local government agency would they need to get a health permit from and what is that permit specifically called. If you can help me out with this I would appreciate it very much.

Answer
Hi Adam,

I apologize for my very late response. I didn't know the answer to your question off the top of my head, so I did a little internet search for you, to at least give you a start. The answers are in Spanish, but since you are in Los Angeles, I'll let you either read them yourself or find someone who can translate them for you.

This link goes to an answer that rings pretty true with me based on my experience with paperwork in Mexico (tramites). https://mx.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090128233938AAIEbaV

Here's the little added bonus answer I found, which is a little scary and worth thinking about.  https://mx.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080318212904AAJmZAU

Good luck, and I hope this answer helps just a little.

Julia

Mexico

Julia C Taylor