Mexico/Health Permits


Hello I work for a writer in Los Angeles and we're trying to get information on Health permits in Tijuana, Baja California. What I'm trying to find out is if an American wanted to open a food truck / restaurant in Tijuana what local government agency would they need to get a health permit from and what is that permit specifically called. If you can help me out with this I would appreciate it very much.

Hi Adam,

I apologize for my very late response. I didn't know the answer to your question off the top of my head, so I did a little internet search for you, to at least give you a start. The answers are in Spanish, but since you are in Los Angeles, I'll let you either read them yourself or find someone who can translate them for you.

This link goes to an answer that rings pretty true with me based on my experience with paperwork in Mexico (tramites).

Here's the little added bonus answer I found, which is a little scary and worth thinking about.

Good luck, and I hope this answer helps just a little.




All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Julia C Taylor


I can answer questions about cultural differences between the U.S. and Mexico, teaching EFL, taxis, buses, cost of living, foods, water, paying bills, being pregnant and delivering your baby in Mexico, finding doctors, health care, and travel in central Mexico especially Morelos. I can't answer questions about purchasing real estate in Mexico. (Please DON'T MARK the question as "private" unless your question is truly private. It is helpful for others to see your questions and the answers to them.)


I have lived and worked in Mexico since 2001. My baby was born in Mexico. My in-laws are Mexican. I have created a web site I have written and published an ebook called Mexico: The Trick is Living Here

Mexico: The Trick is Living Here
regular contributor to Mexico Connect

I have 2 bachelor's degrees from a state university in Washington State.

©2017 All rights reserved.