Mexico/moving to mexico

Question
QUESTION: Hi,
I'm planning to relocate to Mexico. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats and a few things I would like to bring with me(nothing big that would require a moving van). I don't want to deal with having to drive and bring the car back or anything like that. I would like to get there and never have to drive again. Is there a way?
Thank you,
Jo

ANSWER: Probably the option would be flying.
Depends on where in Mexico?

QUESTION: Thank you for your answer. I thought you'd probably figure that I didn't want to fly. Sorry, my mistake. I want to go by land, in a vehicle with four wheels and somebody else but me at the wheel. Going to the Lake Chapala area.

Answer
There are a lot of places you can live in Chapala without a car. There is always plenty of public transportation and taxis.
Find a friend that can help you drive down, and that friend can bring back the car to the US (sell it to them).
Once you are settled in Mexico, you can also apply for a resident Visa and that allows you to have your car down in Mexico for as long as your visa is approved for. You will come in with a Tourist Visa (which requires you to return the car to the border every 6 months to renew the visa), but in Guadalajara you can apply for a residents visa as long as you have the necessary means to be eligible for the Visa. Go to the page for Mexico immigration and customs and they will have the requirements there.

Mexico

C. Reyes-Hull