Mice/Introducing two mice to another mouse

Hi, I have two female mice and decided to get
A third. I'm worried that my two girls will pick on the new one and hurt her? How
Do I prevent this?

Dear Xaiviea,

Get some REAL vanilla extract - the fake stuff won't work- and dab it onto their necks and rumps. Then put them in a totally new cage with everything very clean. Watch them carefully. A bunch of chasing and squeaking is fine. What are not fine are any of the following:

1.  Blood
2.  Mouse is lethargic, depressed
3.  Mouse is blocked from wheel, food, water, or nest
4. Chasing is literally nonstop.

If you have any trouble, do write back. There are ways to change the balance of power.

Squeaks n giggles,

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut