Mice/bloody leg from male and hurt bad

my sister's pet mouse got hurt from a male and is moving like he is a baby and to top that he is 2 weeks old i don't know what to do we fed him oatmeal and he won't eat it.I am trying to help him and i pick him up and he whiping his tail in pain and is limping when he is in my hand

if u can help me find out whats wrong with him i will be so thankful

Dear Andrew,

He has to go to the vet immediately. Mice are so delicate that anything like this could weaken and kill him.

You need an exotics vet if possible. Cat and dog vets really don't know rodents.

Before he gets to the vet you can give him a very small drop of children's liquid Tylenol or ibuprofen to ease the pain.

Please get him to the vet as an emergency.

I wish him a speedy recovery, poor little guy.

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut