Mice/Friend for Hopper?

Out of all the orphan mice I was raising only one survived and its a hopper now. I wanted to know if I should get the hopper any friends?
Should I buy a hopper around it's age, or wait for it to get a week or so older and get it an adult mouse.

Hi Fyre,

If it is a male, he needs to live alone, though he would appreciate other mice in the room. He needs a lot of attention from you. If it is a female, she needs friends. Get two babies as soon as possible. The younger they all or any of them are, the easier the introduction.

Have fun!

Squeaks n giggles,

I can answer questions about raising mice and caring for them as pets, with knowledge from my 38 years of having fancy mice as pets. I have NO MEDICAL TRAINING and you should take a sick mouse to the vet; but if you simply can't, I will try to help you. I LOVE PHOTOS!!! I ALSO LOVE UPDATES! Let me know how the little tyke is doing later on, for better or worse, especially orphans. It also helps me to help the next person. Please first search first: use 'Natasha Mice Mouse' with whatever else your question includes. Or check out these links: **** YOUR FIRST MOUSE (my video; rough draft): **** TEN VIDEOS ON RAISING ORPHANS: **** SEXING MICE: **** And some GREAT MOUSE INFO SITES:

I have had mice for 40 years (since I was 5!). I raised them when I was a child but now I keep all females, and never fewer than three so that if one dies the others are not devastated, because they have each other.

I run Rats and Mice are Awesome on Facebook. The official name is Rats are Awesome.

B.A., M.A., M.A. in Linguistics: Yale University and University of Connecticut